Thursday, February 11, 2010
♥ Cooking ♥
I used to really love cooking. Well, actually it was more than a love, it was a passion. I havent cooked with a passion for over 2 years. Somewhere along the way I lost that part of me. Before that, it didnt matter how bad my day was, cooking and baking made me feel better. It lifted my spirits and gave such joy. I loved cooking meals, baking desserts. Lol, I remember what a friend of mine said to me. He said I could make a rock taste good. I want that passion back. When I was in the kitchen all my worries went away. I loved that I had somewhere to escap, even if it was for only a few hours a day. It was good for me. I remember how I would have planned what I was going to cook dinner that night, but when I got into the kitchen it all changed. I would get some awesome idea for making that ordinary dinner taste a little better, look a bit more tempting. I maybe had only a few dishes that never turned out so great, but that was only bc someone didnt like the onions in it, or mushrooms. There will always be one or two ingredients that one doesnt like. Thats just part of it. I am looking for that passion again. I want it to come back to me and jump into my heart and say "Girl, you know where you belong, its in the kitchen cooking up another delisious original alice johnson recipe." Boy, dont I wish. I put so much love into my food. I am not being arrogant at all, I know Im not the best, but I never had any complaints back then. Its like now, its just fixing a meal for my family to eat. Thats not exciting. What is exciting is creating a meal for my family that will not only leave them feeling full but will give them a huge satisfing smile on their face. I am now searching for my passion of cooking and I wont stop til I get it back.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment