Wednesday, February 3, 2010

My Bad Habit

I have a bad habit, smoking. Well, let me correct myself, HAD a bad habit. Today I decided it was time to quit and get healthy again. Despite all the other times I have tried to quit in the past, but failed, I know this time is different. I WILL quit! I have God holding my hand, showing me a better way. He is telling me I can do anything as long as I hold tight to my faith. My faith......well that was a little weak over the past few years, but I am now a true believer. Don't ask me how, but in one night everything changed for me. When I went to bed last night I knew when I woke this morning things were going to be better. I woke up with a smile, ready to start the day-instead of the normal growl I gave because I didn't want to get out of bed. I was happy, and ready to start the first day of the rest of my life.

So I will mention my progress on kicking this bad habit to the curve in my post daily. Feel free to pray for me, extras prayers are always appreciated. :) So for now, I am going to cook dinner for the family and see if I can beat the hardest part of smoking. I always have to smoke after I eat, so pray for me, as I conquer the evil tobacco. :) I know I will feel better, breathe better, and Oh My Goodness how I will smell better. Most people wouldn't be excited about this like I am, but I am super duper excited! YAY FOR ME! I am proud of myself, I love myself, and MY LIFE will be better because I am a better person today then I was yesterday! So until next time, God Bless you all, and may you find peace and happiness. :) ♥

2 comments:

  1. I don't know you, but I'm proud of you. Quitting smoking is tough and without faith and support it stands to be even tougher. I am a smoker and have quit many times, even for years, only to come back to the nasty habit. My prayers are with you and I know you will quit smoking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you sweetie for your words of encouragement. I have been a smoker for only 7 years, 7 yrs too long. I found it alot easier to quit with the Lord on my side. Have a great weekend and God Bless You.

    ReplyDelete